Process Technician at INTERNATIONAL COMPANY
Permanent Senior position
Market Related cost to company incl benefits Neg
Posted 19 Apr 2017 by Multitech Staffing Services
About the Position
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill vacancies for Process Technicians arising in Operations and Hydrocarbon Departments within the Refinery.
• Contributing to the Safety of Production by maintaining safe working area and protecting the environment.
• Establishing equipment start-up conditions by completing checks & tests, communicating information and correcting abnormal start up conditions.
• Starting up equipment according to procedure and achieving normal operating conditions within defined time-scale and prevailing conditions.
• Monitoring and maintaining process & equipment state through completing accurate checks & routines in work area in accordance with operating procedures.
• Contributing to maintenance by preparing equipment for maintenance as per procedures and work area for maintenance as specified by permits to work.
• Responding to Incidents, Hazardous Conditions or Emergencies by reporting and correcting.
• Collecting, interpreting and communicating non-routine information on plant conditions.
• Taking samples safely and efficiently for analysis to check quality of process.
• Analysing samples and communicate results thereof.
• Providing on-the-job training and assess progress of trainees.
About The Employer
The ideal candidate should:
• Have obtained competencies contained in the relevant CBT/LDT modules for work areas within a section of a relevant Zone.
• Have a Process Technician qualification (minimum NQF Level 3). • S4 Chemical Engineering - will be an added advantage • Have minimum 4 years (for half senior) and minimum 8 years (for senior) experience in operations. • Be in possession of a valid code EB (code 08) driver's licence. • Be computer literate (Microsoft Office Suite: Word and Excel, Outlook etc) • Have shown excellent individual safety performance and contributions. • Have ability to work in a team and communicates well with peers and supervisor. • Possess good written communication skills. • Have strong ethical standards and ability to work under pressure. • Have shown role model behaviour
Employer & Job Benefits
- MEDICAL AID
- PENSION FUND
- 13TH CHEQUE
- PRODUCTION BONUS
This job may be removed before it expires.
Get jobs via email
Receive a daily digest of all new jobs matching this job. Your information is safe with us and you can cancel at any time