Operational Accounting Lead
Permanent Intermediate EE position
Cape Town CBD, Western Cape
Market Related cost to company
Job 2241391 | Ref AF_0807_4554
Posted 07 Aug 2018 by Afrizan Personnel
About the Position
Support the management of policies and controls, manage complex and escalated issues across Record to Report services, perform in-depth troubleshooting and to support operations delivery, quality management and control as an Operational Accounting Lead at an international oil and gas company.
- Lead and manage the Operational Accounting for Mozambique and Aviation
- Be responsible for the validity, accuracy and completeness of the General Ledger of the company’s Moz and Aviation
- Coordinate the monthly close processes for Mozambique & Aviation
- Overall responsibility for authorisation, accuracy and completeness of journals for company’s Moz and Aviation
- Co-owns and manages requests of new GL code combinations for the various businesses supported
- Coordinate with MI Reporting team to ensure correct Cost Block reporting for businesses
- Complete ADD INFO ad SUPP DATA submissions (3Q and 4Q), eg. Accounts Receivable, etc.
- Provide explanations for month on month Actual variances for Working Capital, Capital Spend, Revex / Costs, Gross Margin, etc. on a monthly basis
- Support CBM team in understanding monthly actuals and YTD results
- Accountable for quarterly balance sheet reconciliations and monthly analytical review procedures related to balance sheet accounts as well as quarterly sign off of Balance Sheet Integrity in compliance with policy
- Responsible for Equity Accounting of the SAMCOL Joint Venture
- Perform Analytical review procedures (ARP’s) for Income Statement and Balance Sheet month on month, quarter on quarter and year on year movements, for monthly clearance meetings, statutory audit and Quarterly Analytical Review submission
- Analyse monthly actual results and explains and validates month and YTD business performance, providing first level insights in a clear and timely manner for Income Statement, Balance Sheet and Working Capital
- Consolidate inputs from Business for results clearance, Governance Forums for Non-Fuel Income, etc.
- Explain performance for the (Statutory) Board Report Packs /submissions on a quarterly basis (e.g. results commentary)
- Support the Monthly, Quarterly and Year-end reporting processes, including AFS Disclosure requirements e.g. Related Party transactions, Receivables Ageing etc.
- Ensure that the group reporting manual is properly applied for accounts owned by Operational Accounting and that all accounting judgments are consulted, evidenced, documented and approved within Accounting Policy requirements and Delegations of Authority
- Liaise with local Accounting Policy team on interpretation and application of IFRS and Group Accounting Policy relating to new and / or non-standard business transactions
- Support the Risk Management process and ensures appropriate mitigations are in place
- Owns and manages compliance with all relevant Group Accounting, Reporting and Control Policies (eg. BSI policy, etc.)
Be responsible for Business Process Mapping and ensuring that Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) are in place for area of accountability
About The Employer
- B.Com (Accounting) degree or equivalent finance qualification as a minimum.
- Part or full professional accounting qualification ( e.g, CA/CIMA/ACCA/ Honours Degree) strongly advantageous
- 3-5 years of experience in an Accounting/Auditing environment preferably in the oil industry
- Experience in managing and leading teams, setting clear direction, priorities and boundaries, managing performance and holding team to account
- Track record of supporting and applying principles of Continuous Improvement in a current or prior business/professional role (standardisation, simplification and reducing complexity)
This job may be removed before it expires.
Get jobs via email
Receive a daily digest of all new jobs matching this job. Your information is safe with us and you can cancel at any time