Solution Architect at Santam
Permanent Specialist position
Bellville, Western Cape
Undisclosed cost to company
Job 2241208 | Ref 50981839
Posted 07 Aug 2018 by Santam
About the Position
Santam's IT Finance team is looking for a Solution Architect, who will be based at the Head Office in Bellville.
The incumbent will ensure that Santam's primary Finance Systems are designed, developed, maintained and enhanced efficiently and effectively and that it delivers against business and finance needs. The incumbent is further tasked with the maintenance of Financial System blueprints that are usable and consistent with Santam's Enterprise Application Architecture and future technology direction.
- Understands how the business requirements can be met using the implemented package solutions, or defines what additional application software packages and / or bespoke code is needed
- Leads the design and configuration of the Financial Systems application software
- Leads any bespoke application development in the primary Finance landscape
- Consulted in the provision of cost estimates
- Ensuring the alignment of projects to target application architecture.
- Assessment of the impact of application change and new releases
- Defines high level integration from and to Financial Systems
- Work as a team member with Development Managers and other technical staff, to ensure applications are implemented according to requirements.
- Identification of potential risks / issues and give input into risk plan
- Ensure that the Financial System implementations are coherent and consistent with the vendor and in-house strategies and architecture
- Respond to business requests for extensions to the scope of the solution through the creation or enhancement of the application and strategies
- Provide advice and consultancy across the project team on the above strategies and architecture
- Participate in reviews and provide guidance to teams to ensure that the architecture and strategies are followed
- Establish and participate in design reviews, regular architectural reviews and technical issue management meetings
- Ensure that design is optimised for use on the organisations infrastructure
- Provide support to other members of the Development Team and members of the Project Management team as required
- Develop and maintain a deep understanding of the internal workings of software packages in the Financial domain
- Work effectively in a team with other Solution Architects, Business Architects and Lead developers to consider design alternatives and agree on appropriate design decisions in support of business requirements
- Owns, maintains and publicizes interfaces between Financial Systems and external systems.
- Facilitates design and implementation of interfaces between Financial Systems and external systems.
- Ensures interfaces defined by different teams are consistent.
- Maintains a register of published interfaces.
- Reviews designs to avoid duplication and proliferation of interfaces.
- Defines messaging architecture and standards
- Review agreed implementation, to ensure correct interpretation of the requirements and architecture and strategies
- Ensure there is adequate testing of configuration or bespoke development.
- Facilitate and lead the quality assurance processes for design and development to ensure the ongoing integrity of the Financial domain
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Relevant Tertiary IT qualification or qualification through experience
- 4 - 7 years' IT development experience
- 4 - 7 years ERP and Financial System configuration
- Expert Knowledge of ERP and Financial Systems
- Exposure to Object Oriented design and Java development
- Application of IT governance principles
- Experience in application development, support and release management
- Experience in messaging middleware, web services, SOAP, SOA, ESB, SMTP, FTP, secure FTP
- Experience in systems development upper life cycle quality assurance
- Oracle JDE and Guidewire software experience required
- System Development Life Cycle
- JDE Development Tools, C, Java, SQL, Application Servers
- Experience in SOA
- Troubleshoot and resolve software, and integration problems
- Risk Management
- Quality, risk and organisational change management
- Santam implemented hardware, software and operating systems a benefit
- Investigation and analysis of information
- Communication of technical guidance and instruction to users
- Ability to write technical instructions in the use of programs and / or program modifications
- Interpersonal skills, ability to engage with senior business stakeholders as well as coach and mentor of design / development peers
- Ability to accept accountability for actions and decisions
- Problem resolution
- Deciding and initiating action
- Building networks and good relationships
- Develop and implement strategy
CLOSING DATE: 20 AUGUST 2018
- System Development Life Cycle
About The Employer
Santam is the leading short-term insurer in South Africa. Along with its subsidiaries, the business transacts all classes of short-term insurance. Santam is a large, diversified, and transforming company and our success is rooted in our passion for our clients. Everything we do is centred on our delivery of insurance good and proper.
This job may be removed before it expires.
Get jobs via email
Receive a daily digest of all new jobs matching this job. Your information is safe with us and you can cancel at any time