Permanent Senior position
Johannesburg Region, Gauteng
Undisclosed cost to company incl benefits
Job 2240043 | Ref Har123
Posted 02 Aug 2018 by SET Recruitment Consultants
About the Position
To articulate, design and implement Infrastructure Platform as a Service solutions (Compute, Storage & Network) , whether on premise or in the cloud as informed, Business strategy and IT architectural roadmaps and to provide 3rd level escalation support for operations support teams ensuring that the infrastructure platforms meet or exceed availability, quality, performance and resiliency requirements stipulated in SLAs with stakeholders.
Interpreting the JSE's business strategy and architectural roadmaps into infrastructure platform projects and initiatives.
- Driving the crafting and evolution technology infrastructure (IaaS, PaaS) roadmap
- Driving virtualization (Compute, Storage & Network) and Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) and Platform as a Service (PaaS) journey
- Driving the JSE's on premise (Enterprise/Private cloud) and off-premise (Public Cloud) technology reference models
- Ensure innovation and pragmatism in the design, optimization and implementation of the JSE's IaaS/PaaS solutions ensuring that solutions maximize performance, reliability and resiliency thus contributing the ability to sustainably offer its clients competitive and reliable services.
- Take responsibility for the resolution of problems in the shared infrastructure (IaaS, PaaS) platform solution and designs by providing 3rd level escalation support to the BAU team thus contributing the mitigation of technology risk and ensuring optimized platform sustainability.
- Provide expert input into the IT budget for the Shared infrastructure (IaaS, PaaS) solution designs, implementations and optimization.
- Perform "trade off analysis" of alternative technologies when recommending solutions, ensuring they fit architecture principles and business drivers (i.e. costs of supportability, resiliency and quality of solution
- Lead IaaS/PaaS solution design sessions, specific implementation projects and/or Proofs of Concepts
- Provide leadership and oversight in a team building solutions and capabilities at scale and at high quality and standards
- Research and Propose tools & technology choices for delivering high quality, performant and scalable cloud services
- Demonstrate the expected levels of maturity in managing stakeholders' expectations as appropriate.
- Recognized Science degree or diploma with equivalent IT work experience in as an engineer in a compute and storage related discipline (essential). Relevant IT industry certifications i.e. Cloud Architect certifications (AWS
- Rackspace). 10+ years' total IT work experience. 5+ years' experience in supporting
- implementing and designing of compute
- storage and virtualisation solutions. VM Ware and Tenex experience is ESSENTIAL. Hands-on experience with the following technologies (Hypervisors
- Storage and Networking
- Load Balancing
- Active Directory
- Cloud Technologies). Infrastructure systems project / initiative management/implementation experience. Working experience in a Financial Industry or service provider to the financial industry institutions
Desired Work Experience
- More than 10 years Other Architecture & Engineering
Desired Qualification Accreditation
Employer & Job Benefits
- Medical Aid
- Pension Fund
This job may be removed before it expires.
Get jobs via email
Receive a daily digest of all new jobs matching this job. Your information is safe with us and you can cancel at any time