Permanent Intermediate EE position
Port Elizabeth, Eastern Cape
Undisclosed cost to company incl benefits
Posted 06 Jul 2018 by Kelly
About the Position
- You will be responsible for the monitoring, recording, diagnosing, reporting, escalation and management of Veeam Backups across a global deployed infrastructure base.
- You will be required to fulfil an operational proactive role to ensure that future incidents are prevented, and current incidents are resolved or escalated through the relevant processes.
- You will have to develop a basic understanding of our virtualization-and-backup environments, and administration abilities such as report writing, as well as being proficient in operational documentation with attention to detail.
- You will be required to manage, diagnosing and restoring items in from backup, using Veeam.
- You will be required to share and grow the proactive requirements of the role by adding visibility and improving the current monitoring systems and sharing with the wider team.
- You will be required to troubleshoot backup and host (Hyper-V and VMWare) specific errors, and be involved in the deployment of updates, if required by the vendor or client.
- You might be required to assist with DCS stand-by on a rotational basis.
- A degree/diploma in Information Technology
- 4-5 years experience as a senior engineer
- Hyper-V experience
- Veeam Experience
- EMC Clarion / HP 3PAR
- HP & Dell hardware
- ITIL Certification
About The Employer
You will be tasked with proactive monitoring, management, configuration, and day to day operational ownership of the virtual environments running within several sites across Southern Africa. Living the company values and ensuring to drive to continually improve the client environment. You will be required to operate across multiple countries supporting and assisting remote site support engineers and working cohesively across all ITO with all support teams.
Employer & Job Benefits
- Medical Aid
- Provident Fund
This job may be removed before it expires.
Get jobs via email
Receive a daily digest of all new jobs matching this job. Your information is safe with us and you can cancel at any time