Proposals Engineer Engineering
Permanent Intermediate position
Germiston Station, Gauteng
R25,000 - R27,000 pm basic salary plus benefits
Job 2230998 | Ref PROPO-ENG
Posted 03 Jul 2018 by Progressive International
About the Position
- Formulate quotations and tenders related to all transformer products, services and technologies
- Ensuring that tenders and quotations meet the company and the customer's commercial terms and conditions.
- To assist external and internal customers with technical queries.
- Conduct site inspections if required as part of the tender process and gather all necessary information needed to compile an accurate document.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Matric with a recognised and relevant technical qualification - N3 or proof of prior experience in a similar field.
- Computer Literacy - Microsoft, Excel.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Take responsibility for tender documents and quotations within the organization. This will include schedules.
- Review customer specifications to ensure compliance (commercially and technically).
- Gather and compile all returnable documentation and attachments required as part of the tender submission.
- Logic tests on cost calculations to determine projects margins and selling price.
- Inter-phasing with customers, branches and business units with regards to related tenders/quotations.
- Formulate the best possible solution to meet customer requirements.
- Ensure all technical literature included as part of the tender document is the most relevant and up to date information.
- Regularly obtain the latest prices for costing purposes from all the group and preferred suppliers.
- Assist the sales team with technical clarifications and evaluate design complexity for costing purposes.
- Review and interpret SLD for costing purposes.
- Summarize tenders for ease of evaluation.
- Able to read, write, speak and understand the English language.
- Able to communicate clearly and concisely, orally and in writing, including formal communications and making presentations.
- Possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant.
- Has patience, tact, a cheerful disposition and enthusiasm as well as the willingness to handle difficult situations.
- Ability to pay close attention to detail and various activities simultaneously.
- Ability to work well in a team setting.
- Has good technical skills.
- Good negotiation skills.
- Good telephone manner.
- A keen sense of urgency and a willingness to learn additional skills.
- A code 8 driver's licence.
- technical skills. N3
- team player
- experience in tenders
- technical ability
Desired Qualification Accreditation
Employer & Job Benefits
- Provident Fund
This job may be removed before it expires.
Get jobs via email
Receive a daily digest of all new jobs matching this job. Your information is safe with us and you can cancel at any time