Turnaround Leader Shutdown Mechanical Engineer Petrochem
Permanent Senior position
R900,000 - R1,300,000 pm cost to company
Posted 27 Jun 2018 by Talent Advance
About the Position
A challenging role for a Turnaround Leader / Shutdown Engineer overseeing key areas / blocks for shutdowns and turnaround projects as well as large construction projects for a refinery. This is a permanent role based in Durban and is for the client team.
Join a dynamic team and expand on and maximize your mechanical equipment expertise for petrochemical / industrial shut downs, turn arounds and projects.
- Must have a Mechanical Engineering Degree
- Must have broad mechanical equipment exposure and have in-depth understanding of the practical aspects of disassembling, maintaining and reassembling varied mechanical equipment
- Must have at least 10 years' experience on petrochemical and industrial mechanical equipment maintenance and projects.
- Experienced in shutdowns, turn arounds and large multi-disciplined construction projects on refineries and petrochemical facilities.
- Skilled in managing subcontractors and main contractors and managing contractual issues and experienced in FIDIC, NEC and GCC forms of contract
- Strong on safety, mechanical maintenance, construction and project planning, craneage studies so that projects are set up for success
- Strong hands on experience so can provide clear advice on most practical, most efficient and cost effective shutdown and turnaround approaches
- Able to develop work packages and review tenders and proposals
Key tasks include:
- Functional accountable for TA (Turnaround) Block Team.
- Leading the work scope collection process and a significant contributor to scope challenge and selection processes.
- Developing cost estimates for work for work scope challenge and leading effort for bottoms up detailed estimates. Responsible for spend against budget for a TA block.
- Supporting the development of contracting strategy for the TA block.
- Accountable for planning, integration, coordination and field execution of all scope on a TA Block, i.e. maintenance, inspection, plant changes, capital projects and catalyst changes , including material interface management with Shell disciplines and execution contractors.
- Ensuring delivery of goals and expectations to all contractors prior to TA event, and following through directly with contractor management on actual performance
- Responsible for development of detailed work packages and execution plan, reviews job estimate plans, bill of materials and work packages of TA planners/schedulers to ensure quality and completeness.
- Coordinating all optimization modules including TA Assurance reviews and Schedule optimizations.
- Functional accountable for and directing all field TA and TA related project scope activities for assigned TA Block during (pre) TA execution and accountable for all HSSE, quality, schedule and cost elements of the work.
- mechanical equipment exposure
- industrial mechanical equipment maintenace and projects
- petrochemical mechanical equipment maintenance and projects
Desired Work Experience
- More than 10 years Mechanical Engineering
- More than 10 years Petroleum & Gas Products Manufacturing
Desired Qualification Accreditation
This job may be removed before it expires.
Get jobs via email
Receive a daily digest of all new jobs matching this job. Your information is safe with us and you can cancel at any time