Solution Architect SNR
Contract Senior position
Pinelands, Western Cape
Undisclosed cost to company
Job 2218155 | Ref 1191
Posted 21 May 2018 by Third Quarter Business Resources
About the Position
The senior solution architect is primarily responsible for the interpretation of business requirements from various projects into architectural descriptions of work and to craft a solution which is fit for purpose. Consequently, they focus their attention on a smaller facet of service (the solution package) to make sure that it operates effectively as part of the whole as well as independently as a stand-alone solution.
They focus on the technical and business feasibility of a solution and ensures that it fits within well-established patterns and guidelines laid down by the enterprise architects and solution practice architects. They also take responsibility for the quality, commercial compliance and technical integrity of the solution being delivered back into the business and work actively with senior technology / platform systems analysts from across the operational space (both internal subject matter experts and those of the chosen suppliers).
Specifically, this position is targeted at understanding the technical landscape of the Oracle Centre of Excellence (OCOE) within the company and as such much of the work will be of an Application Portfolio management perspective. Working in close conjunction with the OM enterprise architect and other solution architects, the individual is responsible for ensuring solutions adhere to the information and policies and controls within the organisation, whilst contributing to the solution architecture project deliverables. Where adherence is not achievable, either acceptable alternates are to be proposed or associated business risks are to be highlighted
- Ensures delivery fits within the guidelines laid down by the enterprise / solution practice architects and is in compliance with the IT strategy.
- Oversees the implementation of new applications and functionality to ensure they adhere to the signed off solution architecture designs.
- Ensuring that the business Policies and Standards are enforced and adhered to within the proposed solution architecture
- Review of solution documentation (both internal and vendor) and the formulation of recommendations for improvements and alignment with IT and business strategies
- Be accountable for the overall Solutions Architecture and the alignment thereof to the IT Design
- Working alongside enterprise architecture to review proposed solutions relative to the relative policies and controls
- Working alongside enterprise architecture to identify gaps and propose solution in the proposed solution architecture
- Assess impact of updates and additions to the OM OCOE architecture and inform solution architects of potential impacts to existing architectures for projects
- Ability to explain the complex in layman's terms to bring technology to the masses.
- Accepts and lives the company values.
- Accountable for service delivery through own efforts.
- Collaborates effectively with others to achieve personal results.
- Individually accountable for managing own time, tasks and output quality for periods of 3 months to 1 year.
- Plans workload vs work demand for a small team of solution architects.
- Present the design, once defined, to wider project teams and stake-holders
- Promoting education and awareness of principles, policies and standards across OMSA
- Educating and assisting business units within the Group with evaluating initiatives against the defined digital roadmap
- Provides options and recommendations to business stakeholders to ensure that they can make the best business decisions based on the different solution alternatives and patterns.
- Decide on when to design tactical vs. strategic solution, and be able to motivate it
- Align business strategy to IT solution, and facilitate debates where this is not possible
- 6+ years' experience in the design and architecture of solutions
- 6+ years proven knowledge and experience with platform, data, application and integration design
- 6+ years' experience interacting stakeholders at various levels in a corporate environment, from interns to executives
- Understanding of various technologies in applications, data and integration arenas
- Sound knowledge of architecture and design principles
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams of global operations, business analysts, system integrators, testers, developers, designers and architects
- Demonstrated experience in moving projects from initiation through deployment and handover to operations
- Demonstrable experience in both waterfall and agile delivery environments
- Degree in Information Technology/Computer Science/Engineering from a recognized tertiary institution or equivalent experience
- Must have a solid foundation of IT technical skills (ideally should have spent several years as a programmer and solution designer in Java or .Net)
- Good knowledge of software modelling (UML, Archimate)
- A solid grasp of IT concepts, patterns, principles and technologies
- A solid understanding of enterprise integration patterns (EIP) and SOA
- Interpersonal and leadership skills to bring disparate agendas together for the common good
- Self-confidence and the ability to manage conflict
- Communications skills at all levels (written, spoken, presentation, etc.)
- Ability to explain the complex in layman's terms - to bring technology to the masses
- Knowledge of IT governance, operations and best practice
- An acute understanding of how to prioritise change and how to manage multiple related change programs
- TOGAF Certification will be added advantage
- Knowledge and experience of using TOGAF, Zachmann (or other framework) in practice
- ITIL Certification will be added advantage
- Collaboration (Relating)
- Customer First
- Innovation (Perspective)
- Leading with Influence
- Personal Mastery (Learning)
- Solutions Architecture & Design
- platform desing
- application design
- data design
- integration design
- Programming experience
Desired Work Experience
- More than 10 years Architecture
Desired Qualification Accreditation
About The Employer
Our client is an international financial services provider and looking for a skilled Solutions Architect to assist their team.
This job may be removed before it expires.
Get jobs via email
Receive a daily digest of all new jobs matching this job. Your information is safe with us and you can cancel at any time