Contract Senior position
R780 - R829 ph basic salary
Posted 06 Apr 2018 by Praesignis (Pty) LTD
About the Position
Finance Institution is looking for architect that is a lot more technical. An individuals that is actual Senior developer / Technical specialist which have been exposed to architecture for the last year or two. "Must also be Payments experts in the Banking world not Telecoms".
In collaboration with relevant Domain Architects, create Architectures for specific projects, including articulating the architectural vision, conceptualizing and experimenting with alternative architectural approaches, creating models and component and interface specification documents, and validating the architecture against requirements and assumptions. Focus on finding solutions to meet business needs. Establish the technical direction of strategic projects, defining the architectural strategies necessary to fulfil the stated solution vision. Ensure adherence to approved architectural designs throughout the project life cycle. Help define the roadmap for transformational projects.
- Develop and communicate Solution Architectures in response to Business Requirement Specification documents for implementation of new architectures
- Approve changes to Principles, Standards and Reference Architectures as a result of a Solution Architecture delivered to meet a Business Demand
- Provide expert advice to project teams regarding the design of major corporate systems.
- Primary focus is on the development of Solution Architectures to meet Business Requirements Specifications
- Scope is meeting both Functional and non-Functional requirements
- Designs may include transformational IT initiatives such as Data Centers of the Future, virtualization, Cloud, Platform as a Service, Infrastructure as a Service, Desktop as a Service, IT as a Service and other domain solutions.
- Re-use of defined patterns and alignment with all Domain Architectures
Role Tasks and Activities
- Build customized solutions to meet a client's unique business needs for complex changes and new architectures
- Mentor internal and external stakeholders on the use of the tools, framework and artefacts.
- Bachelor Degree in either Information Systems, Informatics or Computer Science or Engineering (or equivalent work experience)
- Honours or Masters in Information Systems, Informatics, Computer Science or Engineering.
Information Technology Architect Certification (ITAC) (Open Group)
- TOGAF Foundation Training
- TOGAF/ Zachman Certification
- 2-3 Years experience as Solutions Architect II
- Enterprise wide knowledge of the relevant business capability
- Deep understanding of Architectural concepts (Separation of concerns, layering, Application Building Blocks vs Solution Building Blocks, etc.)
- Deep understanding of integration techniques (e.g. SOAP services, RESTful web services).
- Development languages (e.g. Java, COBOL)
- Databases (e.g. DB2, Oracle, SQL)
- Application Servers (e.g. IBM WebSphere)
- Solution Architect
- IBM WebSphere
Desired Work Experience
- 2 to 5 years Architecture
- 5 to 10 years Banking
About The Employer
A financial Institution based in Sandton, Johannesburg.
This job may be removed before it expires.
Get jobs via email
Receive a daily digest of all new jobs matching this job. Your information is safe with us and you can cancel at any time