Second Line Engineer
Permanent Senior EE position
Century City, Western Cape
Undisclosed cost to company incl benefits
Posted 03 Apr 2018 by Paracon Resourcing Western Cape
About the Position
You will be reporting to the Team Leader, and your key deliverables include:
- Delivery of high quality remote support on a range of technical incidents and problems across the client base;
- Responding appropriately to, and effectively resolving, customer incidents, queries or complaints;
- Responding to, handling incidents and escalating problems on the variety of platforms and supported networks from logon to the resolution;
- Performing administrative tasks, user and server related;
- Involvement and presence in core Virtual Teams;
- Helping to support, train and mentor other team members;
- You will have a 'hands on' problem solving approach; solving problems within strict SLA timeframes;
- Taking ownership of incidents assigned to you and managing them through to resolution;
- Ensuring SLA's are met; time to respond, time to resolve and first-time-fix; and,
- Application troubleshooting.
It's important that you are flexible, calm and approachable with a 'can do' attitude with solid experience of providing 2nd line level support in a commercial environment as well as excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Microsoft Exchange / Active Directory / Office 365 and Windows Servers (full range)
- Server Virtualisation (HyperV / VMWare)
- Local Area Networking
- Symantec Products
- Cisco LAN/WAN (routers
- Routing / switching equipment including
- but not limited to
- HP switches
- routers and firewalls
- Citrix ( XenApp/XenDesktop).
Desired Qualification Accreditation
- Grade 12 / Matric
About The Employer
Trust us when we say, our client is the company you want to work for. They offer amazing personal development plans, very competitive benefits and the chance to challenge yourself and grow your career. They also recognise that a job is not all about career progression, it's also nice to have a great environment to work in, and they've really pulled out all the stops!In an ideal world, you have recent experience in a role providing quality second line technical support on incidents and escalated problems on over 350 client IT networks incorporating Microsoft, Dell, Cisco, Symantec, Cloud and Citrix technologies mainly remotely, and that you are comfortable liaising with clients mainly via email and over the phone.
Employer & Job Benefits
- Excellent Benefits
This job may be removed before it expires.
Get jobs via email
Receive a daily digest of all new jobs matching this job. Your information is safe with us and you can cancel at any time