Junior Sheet Metal Draughtsman
Permanent Junior position
Undisclosed basic salary
Job 2203990 | Ref Sheet Metal
Posted 01 Apr 2018 by Aggrade Recruitment
About the Position
As a junior draftsman you will initially gain an understanding of the scope and requirements of the project. Utilising both manual drawing skills as wells as computer-based application, such as automated computer-assisted drafting, the draftsman creates both two-dimensional and three-dimensional renderings of the finished project. Once drafts have been completed, they are presented to the project manager.
To carry out detailed drafting work including translating conceptual designs into detailed engineering drawings, flow diagrams and schematics, to make field visits as requested to take measurements.
- Liaising closely with the Sales and Manufacturing Teams.
- AutoCad knowledge is essential.
- Competent knowledge in both the production & manufacturing methodologies of sheet metal.
- Reporting on the jobs progress and drawing completion - before the cutting list is prepared and production commenced in the factory
- Assistance with obtaining customer approval on our drawings
- Produce production ready drawings - ensuring the drawing programs are compatible with the machinery along with all correct hardware & materials being selected
- Ensuring timely completion of all allocated projects
- Clear communication about any variations or amendments to the architects plans
- Complying with project status updates - adjusting activities as needed to meet project timelines
- Coordinate resolution of production problems
- Ensuring conformance - to customer specifications, company standards as well as other regulation requirements
- Assist in day-to-day department operations when necessary
- Carries out the drafting requirements for new or existing projects
- Prepares technical drawings and plans to be used in the production and construction of joinery
- Draft plans and detailed drawings for structures, installations, and construction projects
- Review rough sketches, drawings, specifications, and other engineering data received from civil engineers to ensure that they conform to design concepts
- Explain drawings to production teams and provide adjustments as necessary
- Office environment performance expectation is to work well in a team with the other colleagues
- carry out all tasks in a professional manner and effectively communicate with both internal and external parties. Proactive with an enthusiasm and determination to improve yourself
- the process and business where possible Read
- understand and follow production schedule information. Escalate any errors or omissions you might find Be able to identify
- select and use the correct raw materials for the job you are working on Ensure quality assurance of completed work prior to moving those parts/components to the next manufacturing process or area
Desired Work Experience
- 2 to 5 years Architectural Draughting
Desired Qualification Accreditation
- Professional Qualification
This job may be removed before it expires.
Get jobs via email
Receive a daily digest of all new jobs matching this job. Your information is safe with us and you can cancel at any time