Senior Geometric Engineer at iX engineers
Permanent Specialist position
Bellville, Western Cape
Undisclosed cost to company
Job 2189265 | Ref SGEngCPT
Posted 12 Feb 2018 by iX Engineers
About the Position
Job Advert: Senior Geometric Engineer (Specialist)
Location: Cape Town
iX engineers is seeking a dynamic Geometric Engineer to provide discipline specific engineering services to iX engineers and its clients, including design and construction monitoring duties, while supporting the broader iX engineers business values in our Cape Town Office.
Areas of Responsibilities
Business Development and Support
- Build relationships with key clients to secure new business.
- Market the transport engineering capability for the Cape Town location.
- Provide specialist technical advice to clients.
Internal Project Management, Health and Safety, Administration and Quality Management Procedures
- Comply with Company procedures and processes in terms of project registration and risk analysis.
- Comply with Quality procedures by ensuring auditable trail of actions during full life cycle of project delivery process all in accordance with company Quality Management Procedures.
- Comply with and embrace Health and Safety requirements in the work place as well as on construction sites.
- Provide specialist geometric direction, advice and control on transport (roads) projects. Key performance and knowledge areas include, Geometric Road Design (rural roads, interchanges, intersections and roundabouts), Transport Planning, Traffic Flow Theory, Intelligent Transport Systems, Road Safety Engineering, Road Safety Audits, Transport Economics, Transport Planning Methodologies, Transport System Capacities, Public Transport Systems, Non-Motorized Transport, Contract Documentation and Administration of Civil Engineering Contracts; and Project Management.
- Prepare and evaluate specialist geometric designs, prepare technical reports and cost estimates and liaise with other professionals, both internally and externally.
- Develop and implement discipline specific technical practices, specifications and procedures.
- Facilitate and assist with the tender and adjudication process leading up to contractor appointment and site hand over.
- Plan, coordinate and manage the design, procurement and construction of discipline specific projects.
- Responsible for the commercial and technical execution and delivery of medium and large-scale projects. Cooperate with project teams to achieve strategic objectives.
- Develop and promote cost reduction and productivity enhancing initiatives.
- Ensure effective resource management on projects.
- Assist with technical design reviews when requested on projects for the Transport Engineering Department.
- Contribute to the drafting of tenders and assist with multi-disciplinary tenders
Training and Mentoring
- Participate in continuous professional development training in order to maintain professional registration.
- Mentor, coach, train and provide technical leadership to team members and candidate Engineers/Technologists/Technicians
Leadership and Relations
- Build and maintain good working relations with all stakeholders, both internal and external to the company.
- Provide supervisory and technical leadership on projects.
- Manage project teams to control risks and to achieve targets on time and within budget.
- Assist with the compilation and review of discipline specific technical standards, templates and technologies.
Desired Skills & Experience
- [URL Removed] or B Sc Eng degree . A relevant MEng will be advantageous.
- Professional Registration with ECSA as [URL Removed]
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Key experience includes the geometric design of urban- and rural roads and infrastructure, interchanges, intersections, traffic calming measures, road safety improvements and modern roundabout design, railway alignments, non-motorised transport (NMT) planning and implementation, universal access design, road signs and markings, transportation economic evaluations, highway capacity analysis, road safety audits, (FIDIC, GCC2010, COLTO & SANS1200) contract documentation and administration; and Project Management
- SANRAL and Western Cape Government roads experience.
- Project management and leadership skills.
- A specialist knowledge of the fundamental requirements of the discipline, and the basic requirements of other disciplines.
Applications must be sent to: Email Address by no later than the 22 February 2018. Please clearly indicate Geometric Engineer in the subject line.
Although all applications will be considered on their individual merit, preference will be given to Employment Equity candidates.
- urban- and rural roads and infrastructure
- traffic calming measures
- road safety improvements and modern roundabout design
- railway alignments
- non-motorised transport
- planning and implementation
- universal access design
- road signs and markings
- transportation economic evaluations
- highway capacity analysis
- road safety audits
Desired Qualification Accreditation
About The Employer
iX engineers was established and registered in July 2016 following the acquisition of the Public Infrastructure Business Unit of WorleyParsons RSA and the consulting infrastructure business of Black Jills Engineers (BJE). iX engineers (Pty) Ltd is a majority black owned consulting engineering company focusing on the private and public infrastructure sector and operates as a private company. The key staff of iX engineers has more than 35 years' experience in the infrastructure sector in both the consulting and project delivery markets that commenced as KV3 Engineers and then as WorleyParsons RSA as well as the more than 8 years' experience of staff joining from BJE.
The following values are the foundation of our strategy:
INTEGRITY - Maintaining a high standard of professionalism
RELIABILITY - Meeting our client's expectations
INNOVATION - Improving service offering with changing times
CAPABILITY - Equipping our team to be world class with the requiredcapability and experience
LEADERSHIP - Committed, empowered and rewarded people
RESPONSIBILITY - Providing solutions that protect the environment
EXCELLENCE - Delivering on our promises and creating wealth for or clientsand employees
This job may be removed before it expires.
Get jobs via email
Receive a daily digest of all new jobs matching this job. Your information is safe with us and you can cancel at any time