Senior Pavement and Materials Engineer at iX engineers
Permanent Specialist position
Bellville, Western Cape
Undisclosed cost to company
Job 2189250 | Ref PMEngCPT
Posted 12 Feb 2018 by iX Engineers
About the Position
Job Advert: Senior Pavement and Materials Engineer (Specialist)
Location: Cape Town
iX engineers is seeking a dynamic Senior Pavement and Materials Engineer (Specialist) to provide discipline specific engineering services to iX engineers and its clients on a number of projects, including design, construction monitoring and project management duties, while supporting the broader iX engineers business, values and vision.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
Business Development and Support
- Attend tender briefings, prepare tender documentation, write method statements, assist with pricing calculations and contribute to tender processes as and when required
- Contribute to the marketing and business development of the Transport Department in the Cape Town location in order to on-board new clients/projects.
- Develop professional relationships with key client personnel in the professional services market.
Internal Project Management, Health and Safety, Administration and Quality Management Procedures
- Comply with Company procedures and processes in terms of project registration and risk analysis.
- Comply with Quality procedures by ensuring auditable trail of actions during full life cycle of project delivery process all in accordance with company Quality Management Procedures.
- Comply with and embrace Health and Safety requirements in the work place as well as on construction sites.
- Ensuring any hazards arising from or associated with projects or activities undertaken are identified, reported on and managed.
Project delivery and management
- It will be expected of the candidate to provide specialist inputs, as well as to be the technical team leader.
- The candidate will be responsible for the growth of the relevant technical capacity within the company.
- Ensure that project start-up processes are followed and the project scoping is clear and approved.
- Do visual road pavement assessments and analyses of destructive and non-destructive pavement investigation data
- Do traffic loading determination for pavement and rehabilitation design.
- Selection and design of hot-mix asphalt surfacing.
- Design of surfacing seals for rural and urban roads.
- Bituminous pavement rehabilitation design.
- Structural design of flexible and rigid pavements for urban, interurban and rural roads.
- Facilitate and assist with the tender and adjudication process leading up to contractor appointment and site hand over.
- Plan, coordinate and manage the design, procurement and construction of assigned projects.
- Develop initiatives to improve the cost effectiveness and efficiency of project execution.
Training and Mentoring
- Participate in continuous professional development training in order to maintain professional registration.
- Mentor, coach, train, and provide technical leadership to others who are registered as candidate engineers/technologists.
- Leadership and Relations
- Maintain good working relations with all stakeholders, both internal and external to the Company.
- Effectively manage project teams to control riks and to achieve targets on time and within budget.
- Ensure client satisfaction to maximise repeat business.
Desired Skills & Experience
- [URL Removed] or [URL Removed] Eng degree. A relevant MEng or PhD would be advantageous.
- Professional Registration with ECSA as Pr Eng.
- Excellent communication and leadership skills
- Project management and project financial control
- Experience in contract management.
- Recognition in the industry as a roads pavement and material specialist.
- A thorough knowledge of pavement materials, concrete and surfacing aggregate.
- A working knowledge of the various construction framework contracts.
- Experience in rehabilitation contracts.
- Experience in pavement design on National, Provincial and Residential roads (including the usage of appropriate software packages).
- SANRAL Roads experience is considered essential and if work is done in Cape Town WCG experience is a prerequisite.
- Experience in Road Authority design methods and procedures.
- Experience in Road Asset Management Systems, Economic analysis using HDM-4 as well as Airport pavement design will be advantageous.
- A strong technical background with a minimum of 15 years engineering experience which include a minimum of 10 years post registration experience
- The presentation of technical papers at seminars/workshops on relevant subjects will be considered as a advantage.
Applications should be sent to: Email Address by no later than the 22 February 2018. Please clearly indicate Senior Pavement and Materials Engineer in the subject.
Although all applications will be considered on their individual merit, preference will be given to Employment Equity candidates
- Road Rehabilitation
- Pavement Materials
Desired Work Experience
- More than 10 years Consulting Engineering
Desired Qualification Accreditation
About The Employer
iX engineers was established and registered in July 2016 following the acquisition of the Public Infrastructure Business Unit of WorleyParsons RSA and the consulting infrastructure business of Black Jills Engineers (BJE). iX engineers (Pty) Ltd is a majority black owned consulting engineering company focusing on the private and public infrastructure sector and operates as a private company. The key staff of iX engineers has more than 35 years' experience in the infrastructure sector in both the consulting and project delivery markets that commenced as KV3 Engineers and then as WorleyParsons RSA as well as the more than 8 years' experience of staff joining from BJE.
The following values are the foundation of our strategy:
INTEGRITY - Maintaining a high standard of professionalism
RELIABILITY - Meeting our client's expectations
INNOVATION - Improving service offering with changing times
CAPABILITY - Equipping our team to be world class with the requiredcapability andexperience
LEADERSHIP - Committed, empowered and rewarded people
RESPONSIBILITY - Providing solutions that protect the environment
EXCELLENCE - Delivering on our promises and creating wealth for or clientsand employees
This job may be removed before it expires.
Get jobs via email
Receive a daily digest of all new jobs matching this job. Your information is safe with us and you can cancel at any time