Process Engineer Automotive Manufacturing at Unitrade
Permanent Junior position
Undisclosed cost to company incl benefits
Posted 09 Feb 2018 by Hesto Harnesses
About the Position
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- B-Tech / BSc: Mechanical Engineering (Essential)
- Min 3 years related experience in Automotive Manufacturing Environment
- Project management experience
- Process Engineer experience
- Knowledge of quality systems within the industry (TS16949, ISO 14000, ISO 18000, ISO 9000)
- Process control knowledge (Essential)
- Basic AutoCAD use
- Pneumatics technology - up to Basic PLC level
- Basics of Hydraulics, PLC & Electronics as required
- Basics of Six Sigma/TPS (or similar Lean Manufacturing principles)
- Full understanding of G8D corrective actions (Essential)
Key Performance Areas
- Improve and stabilize processes for current and future products, utilising new/current technology.
- Ensure customer specifications and critical criteria is maintained across all processes to ensure that high
- Customer satisfaction level is maintained.
- Identify cost saving activities and process improvements to further advance business competitiveness in
- the automotive industry
- Project planning, project management and status reporting.
- Develop project plans and timing plans.
- Develop control plans for products to ensure conformance to specification at design release and ongoing production.
- technical assistance to production and engineering
- Provide technical assistance in the FMEA process.
- Assess current products in view of design improvements and cost reduction.
- Manage any assigned trainees.
- Good communications skills (verbal and in writing)
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good problem solving skills
Must be prepared to work shifts, overtime, public holidays and weekends when necessary and work at the plant as per operational requirements
- Project management
- Problem solving skills
- Technical and practical skills
- Automotive Manufacturing
Desired Qualification Accreditation
Employer & Job Benefits
- Pension Fund
- Medical Aid
This job may be removed before it expires.
Get jobs via email
Receive a daily digest of all new jobs matching this job. Your information is safe with us and you can cancel at any time