Permanent Specialist position
Marikana, North West
R650,000 - R900,000 pa cost to company
Job 2184261 | Ref INFSARCH
Posted 29 Jan 2018 by Talent Advance
About the Position
The ARCHITECT INFRASTRUCTURE TECHNOLOGIES is accountable to ensure the completeness (fitness-for-purpose) of the Infrastructure Architecture, in terms of adequately addressing all the pertinent concerns of its stakeholders; and the integrity of the architecture, in terms of connecting all the various views to each other, satisfactorily reconciling the conflicting concerns of different stakeholders, and showing the trade-offs made in so doing. The position is expected to lead and provide technology advice and infrastructure architectural expertise and long range planning, creation and maintenance of the infrastructure to support the complex application environment in the mine's information management area.
Key Performance Areas:
- Understand and interpret client requirements
- Create a useful Infrastructure architecture model
- Validate, refine and expand the architectural model
- Research and Development
- Manage the architecture
- All aspects of Windows Server Support
- OS administration
- Virtualization cluster design / implementation and disaster recovery.
- SAN Design and implementations
- Responding to Client requests
- Proactive monitoring and alerting.
- Call resolution
- Standard Operating Procedures documentation.
- Change Control Administration.
- Developing Service Improvement Plans (SIPs).
- Project Management.
- Support Archiving solutions
- Support NAS devices
- Weekly / Monthly Reporting
- 3rd Party Management
- Problem Resolution and Troubleshooting.
- Degree or Diploma in Technical Information Technology (NQF level 6)
- Certification in business tools/ Infrastructure technologies
- MCSE qualification
- Microsoft Certified Professional
- IBM Certified for x Series and Storage
- Brocade Certified Fabric Professional
- EMC Certified Administrator
- Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist - Hyper-V
- ITIL Foundation
- VMWare Certification (VCP)
- 10 years' infrastructure architecture experience
- Project management experience
- Service Management experience
- 15 years' commercial IT experience
- 10 years' experience on Virtualization technologies.
- 10 years' experience on Storage technologies
- Strong understanding of Active Directory / DNS/ TCPIP
- Deep understanding of RAID technologies
- Programming skills is advantages (VB / Delphi / Java / HTML)
- Deep understanding of NAS / SAN and Archiving solutions
- Emotionally mature - Resilient and stress tolerant
- Good communication skills (verbal and written)
- Conflict management
- Business Acumen
- Good interpersonal skills (Consultative negotiator)
- Presentation and facilitation skills
- Able to engage with stakeholders at all levels, influencing
- Problem solving skills - abstract thinking
- Motivated, with the ability to work within a team environment.
- Accurate and precise
- Performance driven, results oriented
- Quality focus
- Effective organising and planning skills
Reporting to:Senior Manager Infrastructure & Operations
Location: Marikana, North West
Type of position: Permanent or 12 month contract
- infrastructure architect
- infrastructure architecture
- mining information
- project management
- service management
- virtualization technologies
- storage tegnologies
- active directory
- archiving solutions
Desired Work Experience
- More than 10 years Architecture
Desired Qualification Accreditation
About The Employer
This mining Group's flagship operation is near Brits in South Africa's North West Province. Marikana accounts for 95% of the Group's output.
Marikana is home to some of the safest, most efficient operations in the South African platinum space.
This job may be removed before it expires.
Get jobs via email
Receive a daily digest of all new jobs matching this job. Your information is safe with us and you can cancel at any time