Planning and Engineering Specialist Associate at Fedex Express
Permanent Intermediate position
Undisclosed cost to company
Posted 18 Jan 2018 by FedEx
About the Position
Job Purpose Statement
With appropriate guidance, uses established processes and tools to analyse and report defined district performance results. These may relate to Service Assurance/Quality and Process Improvement programs, and District driven operational improvement initiatives/issues.Supports the Mgr/Ops MD in consistently achieving required service levels across the District, by participating in operational teams focused on achieving quality based service improvements and/or reduction of controllable service failures.
- With appropriate guidance, performs district level analysis of service related issues, including full root cause and trend analysis. Includes extracting and researching data, involving specified subject matter experts within Ops and other functions/countries, to correctly identify all impacting factors and actions needed. Develops reports that accurately summarise results and corrective actions needed (overages, damaged shipments, missed service commitments etc.)
- Co-ordinates District analysis by recommending and notifying analysis to be performed at location level and consolidates outcomes. Provides cover for specific regional SAS duties, when required.
- Develops and coordinates location/country level service network within the district. Aligns with relevant people at location level (Ops Managers, SAL/GSP Coordinators etc.) to analyse location specific processes or issues (scan compliance, damaged shipments, paperwork accuracy etc). Includes using quality tools and concepts as a basis to identify and develop proposed corrective actions/service improvements. Includes regular location and field visits to align and work with key stakeholders and customers.
- May participate in the presentation of recommendations in a logical format to management. Escalates potential issues.
- Gains knowledge and certification needed to conduct internal operational audits. Conducts audits of assigned operational areas (Stations, Customs Clearance, Hub, Ramp and in country/station GSP) in accordance with defined audit criteria and standards. With appropriate support, develops accurate and timely summaries of audit results, including proposals regarding corrective actions needed. Provides clarification regarding results to the Q&PI team, as needed.
- Supports the Mgr/Ops MD in maintaining progress with service related initiatives/projects by co-ordinating defined actions, including obtaining information from Operations and other functions. Monitors progress and initiates agreed follow-up to ensure required timelines are met. Provides clear, accurate and concise summaries of progress and actions outstanding for the MD.
- Provides clear and effective communications/explanations to district operational teams (management, location service assurance etc.) regarding changes needed to resolve specific types of service issues, or achieve required operational changes. Includes requirements that may be driven by district or regional Q&PI initiatives. Works on more complex requirements with appropriate guidance and support.
- Represents the District in regional/Divisional service assurance conference calls or networks
- Gains appropriate training certifications prior to providing approved classroom training to management, professionals and front line employees, on defined aspect of quality and service assurance. Acts as a focal point for service assurance related questions, performing appropriate research prior to providing responses.
- Uses approved tools (Excel, FedEx systems) and processes to support the collation, tracking, analysis and reporting of operational data. Ensures data integrity by checking the validity of data when possible. Uses information as a basis for providing standard and ad-hoc analysis and reports.
- Supports the achievement of required service levels by monitoring defined district service performance parameters. Identifies and recommends appropriate actions to analyse and address variances identified.
- With guidance, prepares service-related presentations and statistics on assigned topics for the MD/Mgr to deliver to FedEx or external audiences (e.g. Government agencies, Customers, Industry Groups etc.). Structures the presentations in defined formats and supports with an appropriate level of backup information or explanations to justify the key points and cover questions that may be raised
- Develops a good understanding of service assurance related practices, processes, technologies and tools, together with knowledge of FedEx services, operational processes and systems. Involves building and maintaining effective networks of contacts that can facilitate or actions required changes.
- Uses knowledge to provide timely and robust recommendations and solutions that enhance performance/results.
Skills and Knowledge Requirements
- Good command of English
- Fluent in local language/s
- Good written & verbal communication skills
- Good presentation skills with experience of presenting to management groups
- Basic interpersonal skills
- Good facilitation skills
- Good judgement & reasoning ability
- Excellent planning & organising skills
- Good process orientation with experience of mapping & re-engineering process flows
- Good analytical skills including complex qualitative/ quantitative/root cause/trend analysis.
- Good problem solving skills with experience of workable solutions to service issues
- Excellent numerical & statistical ability with experience of collating/manipulating & presenting complex data in meaningful formats
- Good understanding of the FedEx business including network, services, key processes & inter-dependencies
- Good interpretive skills with experience of evaluating service related data (GNSL/COS2/TSO etc)
- Advanced P.C. skills including competent in the use of Excel, Powerpoint & WORD - SQL skills adventageous
- Good understanding of change management principles/techniques
- Experience of participating in process improvement initiatives
- Quality focused with a good understanding of quality methodologies (certifications in quality related training courses an advantage)
- District is typically direct served for one country/several countries, it may include GSP activities
- District role typically impacts the effectiveness of hub, ramp, station, GSP, GTS (service levels, revenues and costs)
- Advanced Excel
- Planing and Organising
- Change management
- Service Assurance
Desired Work Experience
- 2 to 5 years Other Architecture & Engineering
This job may be removed before it expires.
Get jobs via email
Receive a daily digest of all new jobs matching this job. Your information is safe with us and you can cancel at any time