Permanent Senior position
Undisclosed cost to company
Job 2178082 | Ref LES/SOLU/22713
Posted 11 Jan 2018 by Redi Recruitment
About the Position
- The scope of this job includes current and future retail solutions and systems
- Align with Retail Business Strategy and Enterprise Strategy.
- Align with Retail and values and goals.
- Align with the objectives to ensure merger benefits.
- Alignment with all areas of Retail IT to ensure that there is good integration between the current and future environments and that current systems remain stable.
- Align with Current IT trends and technologies.
- Designing technical solutions that support Retails value chain and align with the overall enterprise architecture of Retail.
- Designing technical solutions that support Retails value chain and align with the overall enterprise architecture of where applicable.
- Ensure the governance of the design, implementation and functioning of the various solutions across the value chain is enforced.
- Researching trends.
- Developing prototypes.
- Take accountability for the overall design, implementation and functioning of solutions within Retail.
- Ensure Retail priorities are met according to business requirement and expectation.
- Ensure that standards, disciplines and processes are followed.
- Analysis of business requirements must present viable options/solutions, and implementation must address the key issues as well as take the strategic intent and end to end solution into account
- Ensure effective delivery of solution design within the various teams.
- Operate across the technical levels within the enterprise architecture as well across the value chain.
- Contribute to the analysis and development workload in the team through actions such as facilitating and engaging in collaborative analysis sessions, ensuring integration throughout all affected systems, and taking a technical design role.
- Work with peers to conduct Solution Architecture Reviews for a broad set of projects.
- Review and provide input into functional & non-functional requirements.
- Provide requirements to Enterprise Architects that drive strategic direction for business, application, information, and technology architectures.
- Partner with Enterprise Architects for specific sub-domains (e.g. Network, Storage) in support of solution definition and development.
- Understand the financial cost implementations of designed solutions both current and future.
- Proactively look for ways to save costs.
- 3 year degree/NQF Level 5/6 or relevant diploma or significant relevant experience
- 8-10+ years of IT solution delivery, preferably playing a diverse set of roles (e.g. programmer, architect)
- Previous systems development experience; designing and implementing scalable systems that solve complex business problems
- Solid understanding of the SDLC process, and modern DevOps best practises
- Experience working in an agile environment using scrum
- Experience in developing using Java 6+ and the Spring 4 framework
- Experience deploying to modern application servers (E.g. IBM Liberty, Wildfly, SpringBoot)
- Experience in developing Rest Based API's
- Experience with relational and unstructured databases (E.g Db2, MongoDB)
- Experience with complex integration
- Experience using NodeJS advantageous
- Experience with micro-services advantageous
- Experience with IBM MQ series advantageous
- Experience in the Insurance industry beneficial
- Good general knowledge of IT Architectures, Design Patterns and Security.
- Good general knowledge of IT infrastructures (AIX, Ubuntu, etc.)
- Knowledge of the insurance industry
Please submit your CV directly to Lesego Mogorosi @ REDi Recruitment (Email Address) with the position applied for in the subject line.
About The Employer
A Leading Insurance Company looking for a Solution Architect accountable for architecting and designing comprehensive solutions that meet business requirements. Partner with key roles (e.g. enterprise architects, project managers, business analysts, testers, developers.) to create well-defined solutions that are aligned to Metropolitan's IT Strategy and leverage common solutions and services, to meet key project goals.
This job may be removed before it expires.
Get jobs via email
Receive a daily digest of all new jobs matching this job. Your information is safe with us and you can cancel at any time