Field Technical Service Engineer
Permanent Senior position
R600 - R870 pa cost to company
Job 2153780 | Ref FIELTECSEE13101
Posted 09 Oct 2017 by Pinagare
About the Position
Main Purpose: To provide service on all boiler related technical aspects.
Key Performance Areas:
- Execute planned commissioning program accordingly.
- Compile plant method statements.
- Develop complete maintenance plans.
- Configuration management (plant codifications, P and ID compilation and plant labelling).
- Develop, maintain and update maintenance and operating procedures, specifications and standards in accordance with international standards.
- Ensure AIA involvement and approval where applicable.
- Identify new business development opportunities.
- Compile sound business plans.
- Execute full engineering modification processes.
- Execute and interpret codes related to boiler, performance and process measurements.
- Plan and execute equipment testing.
- Evaluate performance results.
- Monitor plant performance.
- Ensure correct use of calibrated equipment.
- Portrays leadership skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Good interpersonal abilities.
- Good business acumen.
- Sound client liaison.
- Technical report writing skills.
- Problem solving skills.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Good planning and organising skills.
- People and performance management skills.
- Ability to take initiative and influence others positively.
- BTech or BSc degree in Mechanical, Electrical (light current) or Control and Instrumentation.
- 5 Years' working experience in a similar engineering environment.
- Knowledge of conditioning monitoring techniques.
- Ability to interpret testing inspection database reports and computerised management system reports.
- Knowledge of life cycle management.
- General craft knowledge.
- Sound technical knowledge and understanding of the following plant areas and components including commissioning activities:
- Boiler pressure parts and boiler control.
- Motors and gear boxes.
- High pressure piping (HPP).
- Firing equipment.
- Ash removal, milling, soot blowing and fuel gas clearing plants.
- Overall boiler process optimisation.
- Computer literacy (MS Office).
Candidates will be subject to a selection process.
Please note that internal candidates that meet the Preferred Requirements will be given preference.
If you have not heard from us within one (1) month of the closing date, please consider your application as unsuccessful.
This appointment will be made in accordance with our Employment Equity Policy.
By applying for the advertised position, you give your informed consent to the collection, processing and use of your personal information for the purpose of assessing your job application, which may include psychometric assessments, verification of qualifications and criminal, credit and reference checks. Your details will be retained for other suitable opportunities, unless you advise us in writing that you do not wish for us to retain your details.
Please quote the reference number and/or vacancy description reflected on this advertisement to ensure the correct processing of you application, otherwise your application might not be considered.
- Business acumen
- Problem solver
- Client liaison
- inperpersonal abilities
Desired Work Experience
- 5 to 10 years Engineering Technician
- 5 to 10 years [other] Architecture & Engineering
Desired Qualification Accreditation
This job may be removed before it expires.
Get jobs via email
Receive a daily digest of all new jobs matching this job. Your information is safe with us and you can cancel at any time