Senior Engineer L2
Contract Intermediate position
Undisclosed basic salary
Posted 20 Sep 2017 by Headhunters
About the Position
An international IT business solutions company is seeking a Senior Engineer (L2) for 6 MONTHS CONTRACT. You will be tasked with proactive monitoring, management, configuration, and day to day operational ownership of the Enterprise Services Site Active Directory, and Exchange. Living the company values and ensuring to drive to continually improve the client environment. You will be required to operate across multiple countries supporting and assisting remote site support engineers and working cohesively across all ITO with all support teams.
What you will be doing:
- You will be responsible for the monitoring, recording, diagnosing, reporting, escalation and management of the backup environment in the Datacentre in Johannesburg.
- You will be required to fulfil an operational proactive role to ensure that future incidents are prevented and current incidents are resolved or escalated through the relevant processes.
- You will develop a basic understanding of our backup procedures and react if any problems are identified, crucial project management and administration abilities such as report writing, as well as being proficient in operational documentation with attention to detail.
- You will be required to share and grow the proactive requirements of the role by adding visibility and improving the current monitoring systems and sharing with the wider team.
- You will be required to troubleshoot, and make recommendations on the backups schedule, software, and environment.
- You will be required to manage / own the tape rotation schedule daily on customer sites.
- You will be required to assist with stand-by on a rotational basis.
- You will be required to travel to customer sites to assist off-site engineers in troubleshooting.
- Able to be a good team player, because we need you to comfortably interact and liaise with management, co-workers and clients alike
- Able to have an investigative nature - to be able to spot risks and resolve issues quickly and with the minimum disruption to our client's business
- Able to work independently and within a team is key.
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to be available for DCS standby on a rotational basis
- Experience as a Senior Engineer - 4 to 5 years
- Veeam experience essential.
- Understanding of Cluster technologies.
- EMC Networker advantages
- Microsoft OS knowledge beneficial.
- HP / IBM Server Hardware knowledge.
- IBM Backup Hardware knowledge
- Knowledge of backup technologies, and procedures
- A degree/diploma in Information Technology
- Own vehicle and drivers licence essential
- degree/diploma in Information Technology
- EMC Networke
- HP / IBM Server Hardware
This job may be removed before it expires.
Get jobs via email
Receive a daily digest of all new jobs matching this job. Your information is safe with us and you can cancel at any time