Senior Electrical Engineer at iX engineers
Permanent Senior position
Cape Town CBD, Western Cape
Undisclosed cost to company
Job 2147125 | Ref SNRELECT
Posted 19 Sep 2017 by iX Engineers
About the Position
Electrical Control and Instrumentation Engineer/Technologist
iX engineers is seeking a dynamic Senior Electrical Engineer or Technologist to provide discipline specific engineering services to iX engineers and its clients, including design and construction monitoring duties, while supporting the broader iX engineers business values and mission to provide technical support to multi-disciplinary water and wastewater projects including Water & Waste Water Treatment Works and Pump Stations with the focus on electrical controls, telemetry and SCADA to be based in the Cape Town office.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
- Initiate, manage, and if required, supervise engineering assignments on projects that meet project requirements on time and within budget.
- Perform discipline specific engineering services such as:
- prepare project documentation such as proposals, estimates, budgets and schedules;
- conduct appropriate studies, analyses and recommend actions;
- prepare and oversee the production of detailed designs and drawings, specifications, data, calculations and reports;
- participate in relevant meetings, prepare progress reports and follow required checking procedures;
- provide assistance and advice during procurement, construction and commissioning activities.
- Provide technical support, supervision and advice to the discipline team and project teams; participate in peer reviews; and consult with relevant resources as required.
- If responsible for a team:
- outline project requirements, assign tasks and supervise progress; and
- ensure the required services meet iX engineers, its client's and applicable statutory and regulatory requirements.
- Proactively resolve any discrepancies between iX engineers and its client's requirements.
- Identify issues and problems; develop appropriate and innovative solutions
- Keep up-to-date with the latest developments and technical innovations in the discipline.
Desired Skills & Experience
- A recognised Electrical Engineering Degree.
- Professional Registration with ECSA as Professional Engineer or Professional Technologist (Pr Eng./Pr [URL Removed]
- Driver's license and own transport.
- English and one other language
- A minimum of 10 years technical and practical experience in the infrastructure projects including Water and Waste Water Treatment Works, Pump station controls, telemetry and SCADA.
- Highly effective technical and practical engineering skills in Public Infrastructure sector.
- Able to consistently deliver quality, accurate and timely work to iX engineers and its clients.
- A sound knowledge of the fundamental requirements of the discipline, and the basic requirements of other disciplines.
- Able to make difficult decisions and lead and manage others in changing business conditions.
Applications should be sent to: Email Address by no later than the 29 September 2017. Please clearly indicate which position you are applying for.
Although all applications will be considered on their individual merit, preference will be given to Employment Equity candidates
- Water Treatment
- Waste Water Treatment
- Pump station controls
- Public Infrastructure
Desired Work Experience
- More than 10 years Electrical Engineering
- 5 to 10 years Consulting Engineering
Desired Qualification Accreditation
- Professional Qualification
About The Employer
iX engineers was established and registered in July 2016 following the acquisition of the Public Infrastructure Business Unit of WorleyParsons RSA and the consulting infrastructure business of Black Jills Engineers (BJE). iX engineers (Pty) Ltd is a majority black owned consulting engineering company focusing on the private and public infrastructure sector and operates as a private company. The key staff of iX engineers has more than 35 years' experience in the infrastructure sector in both the consulting and project delivery markets that commenced as KV3 Engineers and then as WorleyParsons RSA as well as the more than 8 years' experience of staff joining from BJE.
iX engineers is a going concern following the acquisition of the PI Business of WPRSA and provides professional services for the design, development and through-life-support of private and public infrastructure. These projects are delivered through engineering and project management skills which specialize in civil, structural, electrical, mechanical, process engineering, project- and portfolio management, cost control, SHERQ- and financial management.
The following values are the foundation of our strategy:
- INTEGRITYMaintaining a high standard of professionalism
- RELIABILITYMeeting our client's expectations
- INNOVATIONImproving service offering with changing times
- CAPABILITYEquipping our team to be world class with the requiredcapability and experience
- LEADERSHIPCommitted, empowered and rewarded people
- RESPONSIBILITYProviding solutions that protect the environment
- EXCELLENCEDelivering on our promises and creating wealth for or clientsand employees
This job may be removed before it expires.
Get jobs via email
Receive a daily digest of all new jobs matching this job. Your information is safe with us and you can cancel at any time