Permanent Specialist position
Undisclosed cost to company
Posted 22 Aug 2017 by EEU Personnel Consulting
About the Position
What are the responsibilities of this position?
- Completes broad scope of technical tasks including installation/commissioning, maintenance and evaluation of customers equipment and systems among others (after PM100).
- Determines priorities of tasks and actions and schedules measures accordingly.
- Supports customer remotely and onsite, and provides 2nd and 3rd level user support in case of arising issues.
- Contributes to or conducts the maintenance and improvement of internal tools, equipment, processes, and data repositories.
- Contributes to or executes activities for estimation, planning, and review of technical tasks in support of overall project acquisition, negotiation, planning and management (partly before PM100).
- Adheres to relevant processes and regulations.
- May manage sub-contractors and monitors delivery.
- May be involved in technical design and developments for service offerings.
- Generator electrical tests
- Mechanical experience on turbines and compressors
- Generator maintenance practices
- Generator overhauls and refurbishment
- Fault finding / fact finding
- Generator construction, disassembly, re-assembly
- Generator auxiliary systems, H2 system, distilled water system, oil system, de-gassing system etc.
- Generator operations & commissioning
- AVR's, excitation, protection etc.
- Matric / Grade 12 or Equivalent
- Degree in Electrical / Power Engineering / mechanical engineering
- 5 to 10 years within the Power generation industry in turbines and compressors
- Willing to travel extensively
- Knowledge of the oil and gas industry is essential
- Drivers License and own vehicle
Desired Work Experience
- 5 to 10 years Engineering Technician
This job may be removed before it expires.
Get jobs via email
Receive a daily digest of all new jobs matching this job. Your information is safe with us and you can cancel at any time