Electrical Systems Engineer
Contract Specialist position
R350 - R550 ph cost to company
Posted 31 Jul 2017 by EEU Personnel Consulting
About the Position
Senior position based in Midrand to assist with Project in JHB south .
- Implementing projects within time, cost and quality parameters - Customer clarification, determine exact customers' technical & process requirements and match them with system capabilities. Engineering cost and planning responsibility. Ensure project structure and systems in place. Support and comply with QA requirements. In accordance with the EHS Standard Guidelines
- System Basic Design - Technically analyze system performance requirements and determine software and hardware solution and its broad structure. Produce basic design from the customer source information (difference project have different basic design requirements - examples of basic design documents are: single lines, cable blocks, functional descriptions, automation configurations, IO list and interfacing requirements). Specify the system framework and supervise and liaise with hardware & software engineers.
- Knowledge Management - Effect experience sharing and know-how via contributions to the knowledge management platform and mentoring of junior engineers
- Technical back-up, FAT and commissioning - Overall responsibility for FAT & commissioning of the system. Provide customers with technical back-up and as-build documentation after project completion
- Manage Technology - Acquire detail process know-how for the industry that is served. Should be in a position to advise and improve existing systems. Contributes to the development of the department. Acquire know-how in the latest hardware and systems platforms.
- Specifications and Safety Requirements - Know and apply standard specifications such as VDE, IEC. SABS. MOS ACT, etc. Ensure that plants, equipment, panels, etc. are built to meet the requires safety standards. Generate additional specifications required for correct execution of the engineering work. Goal : Managing the risk to people and the equipment in terms of the legal requirements. especially the OHS Act.
- Technical assistance to BU and Customer - Provide technical assistance to project departments and customers who require know-how and technical expertise. Assist with quotations, technical specifications, presentations and demos.
- Minimum qualification - BSc. Eng. Pr. Eng. or T4 Pr.Tech. Registration is required.
- Practical site experience min 24 months
- Should have an electrical engineering background with some understanding of how profinet works
- FAT experience as well
Desired Work Experience
- 5 to 10 years Electrical Engineering
- 5 to 10 years Electrical Equipment Manufacturing
Desired Qualification Accreditation
This job may be removed before it expires.
Get jobs via email
Receive a daily digest of all new jobs matching this job. Your information is safe with us and you can cancel at any time