Service Engineer at Quest Agency
Permanent Senior position
Bloemfontein, Free State
Undisclosed basic salary
Job 2123602 | Ref Serv Eng 07
Posted 17 Jul 2017 by Quest Support Services
About the Position
- Grade 12 or a relevant qualification is compulsory.
- Experience in the Information Technology field is highly recommended.
- A minimum of 3 (three) years experience in Copier technology or a related field is compulsory.
- An electronics background and an overall IT understanding would be an advantage due to the pace of technology and the integration of digital multi-function devices to PC systems.
- Responsible for providing direct supervision and training to junior SOLUTION ENGINEER/s.
- Responsible for the complete installation of equipment. This function includes obtaining the necessary components, installing the components, connecting the machine to power as well as testing the machine and components for proper operation (including loan machines).
- Responsible for providing complete demonstrations and/or training to customers on the proper usage of the machines (including all functions such as faxing, scanning, printing, etc) as well as arranging for the collection of loan machines.
- Scheduling and performing preventive maintenance by ensuring that equipment are working and accurate. Provide assistance to customers over the telephone as well as in person by means of trouble shooting, preventive maintenance tips and offering key solutions on the productivity of the machine.
- Provides guidance, direction and instructions to other personnel and co-workers, in lieu of direct supervision.
- Read and interpret directions and instructions from a PC based system or from written text or verbal communication.
- Responsible for removing and disposing of trash as well as maintaining good housekeeping practices of work area and staging areas.
- Provide complete and comprehensive equipment status reports as requested, complete customer records as required and compose engineering correspondence relative to the work (like job sheets, quotations, completion of stock order book, installation documentation, stock transfers, log off calls etc.).
- Keep inventory of spare parts and re-order used parts on a timely basis.
- Service multi-functional equipment as required.
- Responsible for performing complete installation regarding faxing, scanning and network printing, which includes the basic tcp/ip, smtp and ftp setup for printing and scanning.
- Responsible for general administrative duties to improve communication for example log off calls, weekly reports etc.
- Identify problem machines and cooperate with business solutions to ensure upgrading.
- Use parts from old machines with the approval of management
- Cooperation with service controller to ensure efficient time management
- At all times provide a complete customer solution through excellent customer care
- Have the flexibility to perform duties outside your own job/department
- Responsible for inspecting own work and participate in process improvement activities as a part of the overall work team.
- Responsible for performing related duties and special assignments as required by management.
ADDITIONAL COMPETENCIES/ PERSONALITY TRAITS:
- The ability to work on own initiative.
- Proven organizational and prioritization skills.
- The ability to work effective under pressure and meet deadlines.
- The ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- The ability to operate flexibly and reliably.
- The ability to pay close attention to detail.
- The ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Excellent communication skills, both orally and written.
- Knowledge of the operation and application of a wide variety of computer software.
- A willingness to learn.
- Experienced copier
Desired Work Experience
- 2 to 5 years Engineering Technician
Desired Qualification Accreditation
- Grade 12 / Matric
About The Employer
A leading company in the information technmology service industry is looking for an experienced service engineer to join their team.
This job may be removed before it expires.
Get jobs via email
Receive a daily digest of all new jobs matching this job. Your information is safe with us and you can cancel at any time