Chief Engineer at Impact HR
Contract Specialist position
Undisclosed cost to company
Job 2092885 | Ref EVW-ConsEng
Posted 20 Apr 2017 by Impact Human Resources
About the Position
Chief Engineer - Coal Fire Power Station
A chief Engineer role with a difference!
We are currently recruiting for a Chief Engineer to join my client's team in an INDEPENDANT CONSULTING capacity.
The client is kicking off a brand new project, contract with a duration of 12 months and longer, with a highly skilled Chief Engineer of multiple disciplines.
NOTE : This role is based in Witbank
The requirement is for an Independent Engineer on all Engineering Disciplines : Mechanical, Electrical (Heavy), Civil, etc. The most pertinent requirement for the position is at least 15 years' experience, coupled with Coal Fire Power Station experience.
Functions will include:
1. Issuing of Unit Completion Form and the Facility Completion Form of Construction
2. Commencing of Construction of the Facility
3. Facility Compliance prior to Back Energization
4. Realising to Service of Metering Installations prior to Back Energization
5. Testing during manufacturing
6. Functional Testing
7. Reliability runs
8. Net dependable Capacity Tests
9. Providing technical consulting and metallurgical investigation for customers
10. Integrating complex Metallurgical engineering solutions/designs for asset creation
The client requires someone who has extensive experience in engineering design, design integration and engineering management in power generation technologies for materials handling plant, low pressure services plant, chemical plant, boiler emissions control, milling, draft group, burners, power plant processes, turbine centre line, pumps, gas turbines high plants, wind energy plant and related chemistry systems, C&I, and Civil.
- BSc Eng / BEng in Mechanical, Chemical, Electrical, Civil, Metallurgical, or Industrial Engineering
- MUST be registered with a professional body, namely ECSA Pr.Eng or related
- 15 years' post qualification experience
- Technology Strategy Formulation
- Technology Forecasting and Road Mapping
- Management of Technology Projects
- Risk Analysis
- Project Management principles
- Knowledge of Business Processes Management
- Superior Analytical and Problem Solving ability
- Experience and knowledge of power generating plant
- Experience and knowledge of material properties
- Experience and knowledge into the behaviour of material under creep conditions
- Residual life assessment techniques
- High temperature properties of materials
The role is for an INDEPENDANT Consultant; contract is 12 months and more based in Witbank.
Upon your application, kindly ensure you include the projects you've worked on, as well as project values.
Due to the nature of the role, the deadline for CV submissions will be 21 April 2017.
To apply, kindly call Engela vd Walt via Contact Number
- coal fire
- engineering disciplines
Desired Work Experience
- More than 10 years Civil / Structural Engineering
Desired Qualification Accreditation
About The Employer
Coal Fire Power projects
This job may be removed before it expires.
Get jobs via email
Receive a daily digest of all new jobs matching this job. Your information is safe with us and you can cancel at any time