Senior Structural Engineer at Knight Piésold
Permanent Senior position
Undisclosed cost to company
Posted 30 Mar 2017
About the Position
The ideal candidate should meet the following criteria:
- BSc. Eng/B Eng (Civil)
- Professionally registered engineer (Pr Eng.) with ECSA
- Has worked on large structural projects - mainly water retaining structures
- Design experience in reinforced concrete and structural steel, across a broad spectrum of project types, ranging from heavy structures to commercial buildings
- Have a minimum of twelve years working in a civil/structural design engineering environment of which at least eight years must have been spent designing concrete water retaining structures
- Be computer literate: Microsoft Office Suite, Finite Element analysis, Prokon, or other structural software
- Have sound communication and interpersonal skills
- Be analytical and is able to solve complex engineering problems
Key responsibilities will include:
- Lead structural designer in concrete and structural steel
- Provides assistance with marketing/tendering activities in support of business growth
- Ensures that structural engineering standards are maintained
- Compilation of tender documents, conducting site inspections, conducts feasibility studies and management of projects.
- Ensuring compliance QMS systems
- Be prepared to travel within and outside SA borders.
If you meet the requirements set out above and are keen to join our dynamic organisation, please email a detailed cv and a motivation letter to the HR Director, Mevashnee Naidoo.
Email address is Email Address by 14th April 2017. Should you not hear from us by 30 April 2017, kindly consider your application to be unsuccessful. We are unable to respond to every application personally.
- BSc. Eng/B Eng (Civil)
- registered engineer
- civil/structural design engineering
- designing concrete water retaining structures
- Finite Element analysis
- structural software
Desired Work Experience
- More than 10 years Civil / Structural Engineering
About The Employer
Knight Piésold is an employee-owned global consulting firm that provides specialized services to the mining, power, water resources, infrastructure, and oil and gas industries. We are engineers, environmental scientists, geoscientists, and technologists who focus on creating value at every stage of a project.
Established in South Africa in 1921, we have developed into one of the most successful multi-disciplined civil engineering consultancies and have expanded our reach into a global network of over 750 professionals, based in offices in North and South America, Europe, Africa, Australia, and Asia.
This job may be removed before it expires.
Get jobs via email
Receive a daily digest of all new jobs matching this job. Your information is safe with us and you can cancel at any time