Mechanical Design Engineer
Permanent Intermediate position
Cape Town Region, Western Cape
Undisclosed cost to company
Job 2085954 | Ref HB37848
Posted 29 Mar 2017 by MPC Recruitment
About the Position
- Assess the design requirements for systems/sub-systems based on specifications, interfaces, etc.
- Create concepts and test in discussions. Transpose into mature design models and drawings. Conduct failure analyses and devise remedies.
- Conduct analyses (e.g. stress, thermal, aerodynamic, utilising FEA) as required, interpret and utilise on assemblies as dictated by good design practices.
- Identify test requirements, design test methods and equipment, evaluate
- Documentation as required for projects
- Assist in coordinating activities (design, procure, integration, interfaces etc.) Communicate as projects require internally and externally
- A Sc. Eng. or B. Eng. University Degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- At least 7 years experience, preferably in a mechanical development environment
- Be familiar with good design practices, formal design and development methodologies
- In-depth knowledge of materials and manufacturing processes, experience with composite materials an advantage
- Familiarity with CAD and FEA tools an advantage
- Be able to liaise with Developers, Project Managers, and System Engineers during all phases of the development process.
- Must adhere to formal standards for development processes and documentation.
- The ability to use your experience and mature design skills to help develop and enhance the company's growing range of exciting satellite communication system components.
- Must be a team player
What's on Offer?
Market related salary
How to Apply
If you are interested in this role, please apply with your CV:
MPC CAPE TOWN BRANCH - Heine Bunge
Please indicate the reference number: HB37848
- Mechanical Engineering
This job may be removed before it expires.
Get jobs via email
Receive a daily digest of all new jobs matching this job. Your information is safe with us and you can cancel at any time