Architectural Technologist at Old Mutual Finance
Permanent Intermediate position
Pinelands, Western Cape
R240,000 - R300,000 pa cost to company incl benefits
Job 2064311 | Ref CJ1
Posted 05 Apr 2017 by Old Mutual Finance (Pty) Ltd
About the Position
Old Mutual is seeking to employ an Architectural Technologist who must be able to:
- Design and Facilitate Space planning layouts for Retail Banking Branches and Interior office fit outs.
- Scrutinize layouts in terms of SANS& OH&S regulations and ensure all plans comply with statutory regulations.
- Prepare and submit plans to local Authorities and obtain approvals and OC approvals. To ensure Team targets are met.
- Prepare and report back on submission progress on a monthly basis
- Maintain a Cost effective relationship with local authority and plan runners
- Liaise internally with project managers and leasing agents to ensure correct layouts are produced
- Measure accurately SAPOA measurements.
- Be required from time to time do to site surveys in order to issue and check SAPOA Measurements.
- Personal Effectiveness
- Accountable for service delivery through own efforts. Individually accountable for managing own time, tasks and output quality.
- Makes increased contributions by broadening individual skills.
- Collaborates effectively with others to achieve personal results.
- Accepts and lives the company values.
Job specific KRA's:
- Good communicator who keeps line manager and other internal role players up to date on progress of designs and submissions.
- Individually responsible to interoperate Headcount documents and produce working designs.
- Travelling, own transport, to do Site surveys
- Cost Conscience to reduce cost to submit plans to council via 3rd party vendors.
- Site measurements and surveys
- Interaction with internal project managers and Leasing/Legal teams.
- Computer proficient:
- Reporting to OMF Project Architect
- Sourcing and negotiate rates with runners across the country to submit plans on behalf.
- Knowledge of the SANS, National Building Regulations and Occupational Health & Safety Act experience, an understanding.
- Candidate must be a hard-working, hands-on, go getter and team player, ready to join an established Properties team
Qualifications & Competencies:
- Must have at least 2 years' experience as a Architectural Technologist
- Registered with SACAP as a Architectural Technologist.(Not Candidate Technologist)
- Aligning Performance For Success
- Building Relationships
- Decision Making
- Information Monitoring
- Technical Knowledge
- Must have own transport (involves high volumes of travelling)
- Must have a valid driver's license
"All applications are welcome; however, preference will be given to suitable candidates from designated groups as defined in the Employment Equity Act".
- Design and facilitate space planning layouts
- Site Surveys
Desired Work Experience
- 2 to 5 years Architecture
Desired Qualification Accreditation
Employer & Job Benefits
- Medical Aid
- Incentive Bonus
This job may be removed before it expires.
Get jobs via email
Receive a daily digest of all new jobs matching this job. Your information is safe with us and you can cancel at any time